First formed in October 1991 by founding member and lead vocalist John Backer, Australian Played has earned the reputation as being one of Sydney's hardest working tribute/cover bands.
Aussie Music - Live & Alive Just As It Should Be!
There once was a time when, you couldn't walk or drive past almost any corner pub in the city or country, on any given Friday or Saturday night and NOT hear the sound of music wafting into the street. Much like the aroma of snags cooking on a BBQ over your neighbours fence, it whets your appetite and you just had to go in for a taste.
But this was not just any music. It didn't come from a machine with flashing lights, buttons and spinning reels. It wasn't contained in a flat silver disc or on a flat screen, wall mounted TV. It was LIVE, full of colour and life and unashamedly Australian. Bands like INXS, Australian Crawl, Cold Chisel, Daddy Cool, Men at Work & The Angels delivered to us the anthems that became the soundtrack to our lives, live on stage, every Friday & Saturday night.
Australian Played brings back the anthems, the sight & the sensation in an all live 5 piece show complete with our full production and lighting or your in-house facilities.
Each member of Australian Played boasts a live music career of no less than 20 years and are supported by a full-time management and marketing team. Together, we're dedicated to providing you and your audience an Australian Music experience second only to the original artists that forged the foundations of the Australian Music Industry.
From hotels, pubs, clubs and major outdoor events, Australian Played has performed before audiences of all sizes, ages and demographics including the Fosters Formula 1 Grand Prix in Adelaide, 15,000+ audience NYE street party in Darwin and as the headline for Campbelltown City Councils' 2004 Australia Day celebrations at Koshigaya Park before a crowd of 10,000+. Large or small, younger or a tad older, with the overall popularity of classic Australian rock & pop plus more recent releases, we can cater to almost any audience.
Scroll to the bottom of this page and click the Media Player to hear demos of the band performed Live to air on Campbelltown commercial FM radio station C91.3.
* Campbelltown City Council - Koshigaya Park Australia Day 2004 Headline Act. [Outdoor Event]
* Sweeneys - Scenic Hills - New Years Eve 2003/2004.
* Campbelltown City Council Mayoral Ball August 2003.
* C91.3 FM Campbelltown - Live to air July 2003.
* Hornsby City Council Galston Gorge - Australia Day 2001. [Outdoor Event]
* St Johns Park Bowling Club - Australia Day 2001. [Outdoor Event]
* Newcastle City Holden - Christmas Party 1999.
* Darwin City - 1997/1998 Mitchell Street New Years Eve Party attended by an estimated 15,000 party goers.
* Fosters Formula 1 Grand Prix - Adelaide 1994. [Trackside Entertainment Stage]
* Revesby Workers Club
* Hill Street Tavern - Hurstville
* South Hurstville RSL
* Royal Crest Hotel - Sylvania
* The Crown on McCredie - Guildford
* Moorebank Sports Club
* Collingwood Hotel - Liverpool
* Tracks Nightclub - Epping Hotel
* Eastwood Hotel - Nightclub
* Blacktown City Soccer Club
* Bankstown RSL Club
* St Marys Leagues Club
* Crossroads Hotel - Prestons
* St Johns Park Bowling Club
* Hornsby RSL Club
* Uncle Bucks - Mt Druitt
* Bargo Sports Club
* Mosman Ex Services Club
* Oak Flats Bowling Club
* Merrylands RSL
* Sharks - Cronulla Leagues
* Kemps Creek Bowling Club
* Riverston RSL
* Central Coast Leagues Club - Gosford
* Mosman Ex Services Club
* GW's Hotel - Penrith
* West Leagues - Leumeah
* Molly Maguires - Camden
* Castle Hill Tavern
* Mean Fiddler - Rouse Hill
* Commercial Hotel - Parramatta
* Bull & Bush - Baulkham Hills
* Jacks on King - Newcastle
* Uncle Bucks - Penrith
* Kincumber Hotel
* West Leagues - Tamworth
* Matraville RSL Club
* Dapto Leagues Club
* Allawah Hotel
* Camden Bowling Club
* Port Augusta Football Club [SA]
* Shoalhaven Ex Services Club
* Lennies Tavern - Glenelg [SA]
* O'Donohues - Emu Plains
* General Bourke - Parramatta
* Argyle Street Hotel - Parramatta
* Richmond Inn
* Fitzroy Hotel - Windsor
* O'Donohues Irish Pub - Emu Plains
* Campbelltown Catholic Club