Sweet Ade is a lively, fun and “different” 6 piece jazz band. We play a colorful array of instruments -recorder, ukuleles, clarinet, saxophones, piano accordion, washboard, drums, sousaphone, piano, and vocals. We’re available for all kinds of functions including weddings, parties, corporate events and house concerts. We’ve been in the business since 2011.
We always tailor our musical menu for your event. We can include some or all of:
• semi-acoustic background music;
• music to provide a happy and not too loud backdrop during a meal;
• lively music to get all ages, from kids to the elderly, dancing;
• an entertaining and varied concert style segment or a full show;
• well-known jazz standards;
• less well-known tuneful gems;
• jazzy and creative versions of a wide variety of music from many genres;
• novelty tunes;
• tunes for kids.
We promise to make your event enjoyable and memorable.
This entertaining band has wide appeal not only to those with a specific jazz interest, but to people not necessarily familiar with jazz who will be surprised and delighted by our happy, engaging performance.
Marion Lustig(recorders),Janet Arndt (vocals), Peter Mason (reeds, ukelele, vocals), Lisette Payet (piano, ukelele, accordion, vocals), Joe Kenyon (sousaphone), Richard Opat (washboard, drums)
• We play in Melbourne and surrounds, including country Victoria.
• We are fully self sufficient with all our equipment.
• We can play indoors or outdoors.
• We require access to power.